black screen

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rineer

Hello, i have a compaq presario S4000NX. After the compaq screen i get a black screen and windows xp does not load up. i have had checksum error messages in the past of 0251 and 0271. I replaced the CMOS battery and everything seemed to be working good for about a week, but now it is happening everytime i turn my computer off. I have to turn my computer off and on about 50 times and finally xp will load. Please Help, Thanks.

It seems something in your BIOS is not set correctly for your configuration. Probably the MB speed. (mhz) or Processor size and speed. Check the RAM speed also. Enter SETUP (BIOS) and go through each screen. When you replace the battery, it reverts to failsafe defaults, which sometimes works, and as you know, sometimes not.

rineer

emtronics, or anyone else... Can you pelase tell me exactly what i will be looking for in bios to change? I don't know what MB speed is. Here is my system configuration from control panel | system.... Compaq Presario Intel Celeron CPU 2.40GHz 2.39GHz, 376MB of Ram. If you could tell me exactly what to change that would be great.

Thanks again

If you have never experienced the BIOS and it's settings, then you should not try and guess. You really need to have someone that knows computers and get hands on experience. In most cases, each section on the BIOS has settings that you can "page up or down" to see the options. You can select "AUTO" on some things are even select default settings and save and exit. I wish I could be of more help and maybe someone here will be familar with you BIOS version on that Compaq.

rineer

Hi, i have been in in BIOS before, I would just need to know what to change, can't be that hard right? :) And as far as flashing the bios, if someone would we willing to walk me through it I'm sure i can do it.

Thanks

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online