Black Screen

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dvynemonkey

when i try to log on i get a black screen with a white box on the left at the bottom and 1 on the right at the bottom at the top of the page it says imminent failure right white box says boot f1 when i hit it i can then sign on why am i getting this pc doesnt perfom like it should have to re boot half way through anything im doing very frustrating

blues_harp28

Hi..and welcome...D/load...Spybot...Ad-Aware...CWShredder..links below..
Check for up-dates...scan..remove what they find...
Run a HJT log....www.thespykiller.co.uk/files/HJTsetup.exe
Install in C:\ program file..let it scan..save logfile to notepad>edit>select all>edit>copy>paste on your thread...

cybertech

Retired Moderator
That sounds like a hard drive problem. I'm moving your post to the Hardware Forum.

hard drive problems are predicted by SMART technology. You can checkthis by entering BIOS and switching off SMART capability.

If it then boots normally it means that SMART is not happy with some parameter of your hard disk so disk needs replacing if a) there is ANY important data stored on it or b) the malfunction is affecting the running of the machine. SMART sometimes reports very minor disk errors which aren't going to degrade the disk for months so if it's a non critical machine you could just leave SMART switched off.

If the boot problem persists with SMART disabled then re-enable it and you must look elsewhere for the solution...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online