Black Screen

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

theOtherGuy

Under Windows 2000 NT4.0. After boot up (the Windows load bar...you know white screen, with the blue bar and the Windows 2000 logo), I get a black screen. Computer seems to still be loading, so I figure video card problems?

So, restart in Safe Mode, works fine. For my video card "Display adapters," I'm under a Graphics Blaster RIVA TNT2 Value driver. So, then I pop it open to look at my settings. Under Device status, it claims
No drivers are installed for this device.
So, I "Update Driver" hoping that maybe my driver was uninstalled or something like that, but then it displays
A suitable driver for this device is already installed. To keep the currently installed driver, click Cancel. To search another location for a different driver click Back, or to reinstall the current driver, click Next.
Also... I'm thinking that I might have resource errors.
Memory Range E4000000 - E4FFFFFF
Memory Range E6000000 - E7FFFFFF
So I don't know...much help needed!

Oh forgot something, system specs:
Pentium III, 500 mhZ, 256 RAM, 14gig HD

Have you tried un-installing it in Device Manager then re-starting?
I agree. You should try doing that in Safe Mode and see if that works.

If it still doesn't work, do you have a CD with the drivers on it? If so, you should definetly try reinstalling the driver from the CD.

What brand name is the system? Or is it a custom built one?

theOtherGuy

Well, when I uninstall THAT driver, I have the choice of the NVidia Riva TNT2 Model 64, but it gets troubleshotted. Yeah, reinstalling off the CD gives the same thing.

Yeah it's custom built. Sort of old too...approximately 6 years old?

I'm starting to think that I need a completely different driver...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online