1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Black Screen

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by theOtherGuy, Jan 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. theOtherGuy

theOtherGuy Thread Starter

Under Windows 2000 NT4.0. After boot up (the Windows load bar...you know white screen, with the blue bar and the Windows 2000 logo), I get a black screen. Computer seems to still be loading, so I figure video card problems?

So, restart in Safe Mode, works fine. For my video card "Display adapters," I'm under a Graphics Blaster RIVA TNT2 Value driver. So, then I pop it open to look at my settings. Under Device status, it claims
    So, I "Update Driver" hoping that maybe my driver was uninstalled or something like that, but then it displays
    Also... I'm thinking that I might have resource errors.
    So I don't know...much help needed!

Oh forgot something, system specs:
    Pentium III, 500 mhZ, 256 RAM, 14gig HD

2. microwally

microwally

Have you tried un-installing it in Device Manager then re-starting?

3. xSoilworkeRx

xSoilworkeRx

I agree. You should try doing that in Safe Mode and see if that works.

If it still doesn't work, do you have a CD with the drivers on it? If so, you should definetly try reinstalling the driver from the CD.

What brand name is the system? Or is it a custom built one?

4. theOtherGuy

theOtherGuy Thread Starter

Well, when I uninstall THAT driver, I have the choice of the NVidia Riva TNT2 Model 64, but it gets troubleshotted. Yeah, reinstalling off the CD gives the same thing.

Yeah it's custom built. Sort of old too...approximately 6 years old?

I'm starting to think that I need a completely different driver...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/434200

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice