black screen

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

trurolla4life232

Hey all. My laptop starts up normally until its suppose to go to the log on screen, the screen just turns black with the mouse cursor but nothing loads. the mouse moves but nothing loads or happens. Im stumped on how to fix it. I want to keep all the stuff I have on there.

Welcome to TSG forums.
Try starting the lap top in safe mode. While computer is booting, continously gently tap the F8 key. When the safe mode window open, use the arrow keys to move up to "last known good configuration" click enter. Let the computer do it's thing.
Post back and let us know how it goes.
Vicks

trurolla4life232

its an IBM T60. Ive tried starting in safe mode, it has safemode in the corners and on top but the screen stays black. Ive also tried last known working configuration and that doesn't work as well..

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I am reasoanbly certain that this is not the cause,. Do you have a mouse pointer if so try right clicking on the screen and then if a menu appears ensure SHOW Desktop items has a check tick. If it does appear and it is not checked with a tick mark - click on it. If that works go to the bottom of the screen and hold the nouse pointer there does the taskbar appear

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online