1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Black Screen

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by premiere, Jan 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. premiere

premiere Thread Starter

My computer is a Dell dimension 2400 I installed a hard disk last night first I receiving a f1 to reboot and f2 after coming on this site I was advised to make sure the cap lock light was on number light was on as well as the scroll lock light after assuring they were on I was advised to hit the following keys that would start my system 1) (Alt Tab) E (Alt Tab) F (Alt Tab) B I followed the instruction and an additional area came on the screen that read hit exit or R to Re-install operating system after completing this I now have a black screen with a blinking _ on the screen my system will not start please help me to fix this issue.

Thanking you in advance

Premiere :confused:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/975834

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice