1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Blackberry Outlook Synchronization

Discussion in 'DOS/Other' started by Gilroy, Apr 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Gilroy

Gilroy Thread Starter

Hi. I am using Window XP with Outlook 2003 and a Blackberry Pearl 8130. I am synchronizing with Blackberry Desktop Manager Version 4.3.0.15. When I synchronize, the program wants to delete calendar items on my desktop that are more than 90 days old because that is what it does in the Blackberry to save space. I dont mind that old items are deleted from the Blackberry but I do want to retain them on my desktop. I have not been able to find a setting that will allow this. If I don't "accept" the deletion on the desktop then none of the calendar items are synchronized. Do you know a way that I can synchronize without deleting old calendar items from my desktop? Thanks!

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    my blackberry pearl is set to keep everthing and does not try to delete things - as i have set in the blackberry for desktop to be master
    under email
    options
    email reconcillation - mailbox wins
    keep messages ( foreever)

3. Gilroy

Gilroy Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply. I dont have the problem with emails only with calendar items. Does it keep all of your calendar items also? I have to keep the Desktop Manager set on two way synch because I add appointments directly into the Blackberry and if I am at the computer, directly into Outlook. Thanks.

4. kjjb0204

kjjb0204

Don't know the answer, but I'm also a member at www.blackberryforums.com and I've found answers to just about any question over there.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/703071

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice