1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Blackboard problem

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Fitz, Jan 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Fitz

Fitz Thread Starter

Not sure if this is exactly the right forum as this could be an MS Office issue but it does involve the internet.

I use the Virtual Learning Environment platform Blackboard Version 6 extensively at work and at home.
    I have Windows XP Home Edition and MS Office 2000 at home and XP Pro and Office XP at work. IE6 in both places.

My problem occurs when I try to add fresh text at home into the VLE forum that I have created at work
    Previously under Blackboard version 5.5 I could do this OK at home, but in this version, every time I enter new text, I am prompted to load the Office2000 CD to install unspecified adjustments. I load the disk but the software does not install what is requested.
    If you're familiar with Blackboard, this affects any announcements or any other descriptive text in any forum that I have already created and wish to edit: any text already created will disappear entirely if I attempt to add or edit it, so I have to cancel or create a new announcement.

Is there any adjustment I can make in Office or IE6 to remedy this?

2. Fitz

Fitz Thread Starter

I fixed the problem by inserting the Office 2000 installation disks and on Adding Programmes I selected Repair Installation and it seems to have fixed the problem.

3. ellenak

ellenak

Hi! I am so glad to see someone else has had this problem -and that you got it fixed. Aggravating, wasn't it?! I'm at a bit of a loss, as I only have the original system recovery discs for my Compaq - I'm assuming that all the Office 2000 stuff is bundled in there and have been a little afraid to mess with it.

But now, armed with the knowledge that it can be easily fixed - maybe I'll give it a shot!

Thanks for the inspiration. :)

Ellen

4. Fitz

Fitz Thread Starter

It was so easy, but it did require the Office 2000 installation disk separately.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/324557

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice