Blank black screen after changed the date and time! help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cadenv

My laptop's date and time will reset everytime i shut down and turn on, (not restart)
(reset to 2012)
I access inetrnet without the right date and time, so everytime i turn on my laptop, i must set the date to right time to go online.
It's annoying, then i tried methods on internet but all didn't solve the problem. (regedit..sycnchronize..timezone...)

Now the problem getting worst, the laptop get stuck when i change the date and time.
and i not sure why its happen..(n)

Now when i try to set the date to after 2012 (2013,2014....), the laptop just get stuck, only the cursor able to move, cant click or close, when i try to open task manager with keyboard, the screen slowly then goes blank and black, then an error message pop-up .. "Failure to display security and shut down options
The logon process was unable to display security and logon options"
So what i have to long press power button to shut it down..

(This also happend in safe mode when i try to change the date and time)

I tried to change the date to december 31 2012 23.59 50sec ,after 10 sec, then the laptop still goes blank..
cmd > scannow did not solve the problem..

I really hope somebody can help me to solve the problem.. now i cant go online with that laptop window 7 32bit

I cant go to BIOS screen,Brand : Dorumu

Last edited:

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
There is extremely limited information on that brand = Dorumu = in the UK
which is where I am
I think it is a common brand in Malaysia and countries of that area
My guess on the information you have provided is that the CMOS battery is flat
Some laptops use a standard coin cell CR2032 battery but many use a battery already connected to two fly leads

It is no use whatsoever setting date to 2012 as the net and other functions simply will not work

cadenv

There is extremely limited information on that brand = Dorumu = in the UK
which is where I am
I think it is a common brand in Malaysia and countries of that area
My guess on the information you have provided is that the CMOS battery is flat
Some laptops use a standard coin cell CR2032 battery but many use a battery already connected to two fly leads

It is no use whatsoever setting date to 2012 as the net and other functions simply will not work
Before This I can go online if i set the time correct (at least the right year and month), then the internet will working.
my problem now is i can't set the date and time to the right time, when i click "ok",the screen freeze with the moving cursor.. maybe some system setting malfunction ..?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online