1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

blank black screen after windows logo on startup

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by mmcgann, Apr 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mmcgann

mmcgann Thread Starter

I left my computer on over night on sunday, when i checked my computer late monday evening it just had a blank black screen on it. I rebooted the computer and it loads all the way to the winXP logo and then it displays this blank black screen with nothing on it. no sound no nothing. I tried starting "the last known good configuration" and the same thing occurs... i can start the computer in all 3 safe modes, but no other option works. i have no idea what to do. i didn't install any new software or hardware. any ideas?:confused:

2. N E Key

N E Key

Boot to safe mode, set your display for a generic vga, low resolution. Restart in standard mode, see if you get display. If so, start then, select correct display driver and try, step by step, to get back to where you were. If, somewhere along the line, you get the blank screen again, you should have an idea what happend.

3. Huon

Huon

Have you tried doing a system restore to before monday? If you have XP home, it should offer you the choice of using system restore on the way into safe mode.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!