Blank box with a red X

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

%Mary Ann

When I receive an email with a picture I only get a blank box with a red x. I'm using Win XP SP2, Outlook 2003. How can I get the picture to show up.

Hi Mary Ann

Are you on an exchange server?

Sometimes this happens when your OLK folder gets too full. An OLK folder is pretty much to Outlook what a Temporary Internet Files folder is to IE.

The folder is usually hidden, and stays hidden even when you have show hidden files and folders checked

You can go to search and search "OLK" . Usually they are named OLK9B or OLKD5 or something with that naming convention.

When you find the folder, you can delete all contents, shutdown outlook and then reopen it to see if that had any effect. Also, delete your temporary internet files.

If you are comfortable with the registry, you can go here and find the folder path:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\Security

Double-click OutlookSecureTempFolder and copy the path. Then go to your run line Start >> Run or anywhere in windows explorer and paste the path. Delete everything in the folder if you don't need the items.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online