1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

blank monitor dst short test error code 1000 - 0146

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by ksjl92, May 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ksjl92

ksjl92 Thread Starter

so recently ive been trying to hook up my lap top to my hdtv and ive been messing around trying to get the screen to display. the other day i turned on my dell inspiron notebook and found that after the boot screen the screen goes black/blank. i can hear the desktop and i hear my mouse so i know that the desktop is there. the monitor is just not responding. i did a diagnostic test on the computer and got the error message dst short test error code 1000 - 0146. What does this mean? is this why my monitor won't respond. please any help would be appreciated. i just want my laptop to work again.

2. ksjl92

ksjl92 Thread Starter

i just tried to boot in in safe mode but its stuck on a file called mup.sys please i dont know what to do should i just replace the harddrive with a new one

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!