1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Blank Monitor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Jaymez, Aug 13, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Jaymez

Jaymez Thread Starter

Earlier today I put my computer on standby for a while. Then when I went back to my computer I moved the mouse to start the computer again, however, the tower started functioning again but there was no images on the screen. I restarted the computer again and there was still no image on the screen. I later plugged a different monitor up to my tower and the same thing happened, no image was being shown on the monitor. Do any of you have any ideas on how I may be able to troubleshoot this problem.

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Try re-inserting the video card, could have come a bit loose.

3. Lurker1

Lurker1

Hi Jaymez
    I would first power off the system and unplug then replug the ac power. If that doesn't work try reseating everything inside the computer. (Memory, processor and cables.) If still nothing remove/disconnect everything except for memory, video board, processor, and power. You should be able to get a boot up display with just these connected.

4. Jaymez

Jaymez Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies. Fortunately my computer started working again after I tried restarting it again and again. I also blew air into it, which might have helped.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/50620

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice