1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

blank page hiccough

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by calamity, Oct 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. calamity

calamity Thread Starter

I use aol to surf the web. Lately, when I open a webpage a "blank page - windows internet explorer" starts flashing pages, a new one every second until there are dozens of tabs at the top that say "blank page...". Since I don't use internet explorer, I don't know why this pops up. The frequency has become worse lately.

I control/alt/delete and try to close the blank page but it says "is not responding" and then another one will pop up in the task manager. The "blank page-windows internet explorer" pages are impossible to close. I usually can close aol from the task manager and that usually stops it, but lately, even opening the task manager is iffy. Sometimes it will open, sometimes not for many tries. This is the most frustrating problem I've ever had (and I've had my share), esp. since I don't even use internet explorer! I did a search for incredimail, coolwebsearch and magentic (advice from another website) and none of these are on my computer. When I right click "blank page" in the task manager and click "go to process", I get "iexplore.exe".

So, that's it. Can you help? The internet has lots of people with this same problem, but most of them use internet explorer and most of them have windows vista instead of xp as I do.

Thanks.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/759195

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice