blank page

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Rocky1

I have a HP Deskjet 812C....this my question...regardless of whether I print from a floppy disk, a word program, or from a site on the net, the first page that comes out is blank....then printing continues as normal including the first page of the document...I have a troubleshooting guide that came with the printer, and all checks out well...I have also downloaded/installed all updated drivers..why is the first page always blank??

Hi!

Check on the printer Properties - General tab that the option for a Separator page is set to 'none'.

Rocky1

Mike...hey...thanx for the suggestion my friend...that is one of the first things I checked....:)

Yeah Rocky, thought you might already have tried this, but sometimes ........
Next steps maybe....
From ezinstructions.com Note: If a blank page prints out before the text does, or if the first page has a few gibberish characters on it, then this could mean that you have a problem with the printer software, or the printer cable is too long, or you have a scanner in between the printer and computer that is causing this problem. To correct this problem, you may have to update your software, change the printer cable, or change your configuration a little bit.
The most common suspect in blank page scenarios is the drivers. I know you have installed the latest, but I'd still be inclined to reinstall them if nothing else seems to work.

Rocky1

I will once more download and reinstall drivers....I do have a scanner attached to my computer. The printer is connected to the scanner.

Rocky1

Well, I'll be...I once more downloaded/installed drivers, and the blank page has stopped..at least for the time being...however, after installing the drivers, I received the error message, two-way communication is not possible...I unplugged the printer, then plugged it back in..it seems to be working now also...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts