1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Blank Pages Printing in Access Report

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by ParentVolunteer, Jan 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ParentVolunteer

ParentVolunteer Thread Starter

:mad:
    I have been working on a particular Access database for about two years, and it has been what I needed, however in October I ventured off to change the way the way I had to 'jump through hoops' to get a final report printed. I posted my delimma and OBP worked me through the "MAJORS" of my issues. My LAST issue with this report is this: there are blank pages printing between the 4 subreports that I have inserted. Everything else works perfectly, but I have tried over and over agin to do what I have read in the "MS Access help menu" to no avail. Can someone PLEASE help me? I know the answer will be a simple matter, but I just can not figure out what is wrong.

Thanks in advance :)

2. slurpee55

slurpee55

It is really hard to know w/o seeing the report layout, but this can often arise when you merely have the report too wide for a page - or even if just one item of the report (say a line, or a field for, say, a name) - is too wide.
    In the case of a field, it you do not have any borders outlining it, it would cause a page to print, although the field would not have any information to actually print.

This is kind of like how an Excel cell might look like it just had the number "1" in it, but it could in reality have a lot of empty spaces, such as "1 ". Excel would print all the spaces, even if it caused an empty page to print.

3. OBP

OBP Trusted Advisor

It may also be the Subreports themselves, (their Frame) that is too wide or too long.

4. slurpee55

slurpee55

Yes - really, it could be anything that has to appear in the report. Sadly, I know this can be a real pain to track down, but, if I recall, you can highlight the whole report in design view, get the properties and find the width, and then find the longest item in it by trying to drag it smaller.
    Also, you can click on Edit, Select All, and give all the items in each report (start with the main one, then test each subreport) and give them a solid border. Do not save this. Then go to Print Preview and see what appears on the page that previously has been blank. If you see something, close the report without saving, then go back to design view and fix what was wrong.
    If you do this in the main report and nothing appears, it is one of the subreports. Repeat and stir, or something like that.

5. Pookie

Pookie

depending on your printer, some of them have "supress blank pages" setting that might help you.

6. slurpee55

slurpee55

True, but the report page probably isn't technically blank, so it may not. There could be something there that is marked "not visible" but it is "seen" as existing by the program.

7. LauraMJ

LauraMJ Administrator

Opened as requested.

8. ParentVolunteer

ParentVolunteer Thread Starter

:mad: UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH!!!!! I know there is a simple reason for these BLANK pages to show in my print preview of my report, but I can NOT figure it out. I simply inserted the 4 subreports within the 'type footer'; the report is PERFECT with the exception of the blank pages between the ends of each subreport. I tried highlighting, adding a red line to see if the boundaries were extended and recreating the report...to NO avail. I can not believe that I can not figure this out. I am running out of time before the final report is expected to be provided. Please, if someone has any suggestions as to what I might try next, I WILL try anything. Thank you ALL for the magnificient assistance you have so freely given to me in this quest; this forum is a true blessing!

9. OBP

OBP Trusted Advisor

As slurpee said in post #2 it is hard to give you more suggestions without seeing the Report.
    Can you post a zipped Access 2000/2003 format version of the database on here, or email it to me?
    It does not and should not have any real personal data in it.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/893771

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice