1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Blank screen after Boot screen, no boot up in safe mode either

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Kej, Oct 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kej

Kej Thread Starter

Hi

Someone told me this is going to be a hardware problem? Just in case not, and it is software related, please direct me to the right person? I am also currently running the thread for some bad trojan I picked up

Trj.ZPACK.GEN

at the following url: http://forums.techguy.org/virus-other-malware-removal/954912-trj-zpack-gen.html

There are hijack reports there, as well as dds.scr logs.

Today, I tried to boot up my PC. It flashes the usual Acer boot screen, the cursor flashes at the top left corner, as always and then nothing...blank.

In safe mode, the last line before boot-up freezes:

multi<0>disk<0>rdisk<0>partition<2>\windows\system32\drivers\iojtcgwf.sys

I have tried the option of "last configuration of functional settings" and nothing.

My battery seems to have been fried (only ever gets to max 70%) and I thought it might be due to a power surge. To check, I let it run down last night, to recharge it this morning and see if it would charge fully. I was watching a tv series on vlc, and everything was functioning as "normal" apart from the usual issues the trojan would dole out...I was completely surprised and utterly disappointed to find that this morning I have NO computer at all, while I have been patiently waiting for the team to help me axe this damned virus. I want to scream.

PLEASE HELP ME?!

2. Kej

Kej Thread Starter

I HAVE posted this new problem in the original thread. I have not heard from Cookiegal since Friday?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/955738

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice