1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

blank screen after clearing BIOS

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by chokie, Jun 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. chokie

chokie Thread Starter

hi, this is my first post at Tech Suppor Guy Forum,i am not sure if i am posting in the right category,my pc is AS ROCK ALIVE NF6G-DVI,i am using OS microsoftwindows xp sp2 64 bit,my problems started some weeks back first with keyboard(usb)being intermittent until it stopped working completely,then mouse also usb became intermittent i have to unplug it then reinsert it again but most of the time it does not work,i borrowed a mouse & keyboard both ps2 and it seemed to be working i was convinced the usb ports were not working,but then i made a blunder after someone advised me to clear bios so i did just that and now i just can't go anywhere as i have only a black screen,can someone please help me solve the problem or do i have to send it to a repair store?i also can't affford to lose any of my materials,thank you. chokie

2. Hughv

Hughv

It should be easy to recover your files by connecting the drive to another machine and copying them to another drive or optical media. I would do that before proceeding.
    Have you tried booting to a bootable CD/DVD?
    This sounds like a serious issue with the motherboard or video card.

3. chokie

chokie Thread Starter

hI hughv,thanks for replying,i am actually thinking about bying an external drive with capacity enough to copy all the materials,i have not tried to boot from cd/dvd as i don't have one, once again thanks for your reply.chokie

4. LauraMJ

LauraMJ Administrator It's My Birthday!

It is EXTREMELY easy to completely wreck the BIOS and only the very very experienced ever fool around with it. If you were not experienced with working with the BIOS, then someone gave you very poor advice.

Most likely, your BIOS is screwed. The best thing to do is as already mentioned........take the hard drive out and hook it up to a working machine and get all your data off of it.

However, this link may be of some use to you:

http://www.wikihow.com/Update-Your-Computer's-BIOS

Start with #6 and finish with #8 if it works for you.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/931944

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice