1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Blank screen after clicking on Switch User

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by gogothegreat, Aug 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gogothegreat

gogothegreat Thread Starter

Hi!

I have recently noticed a problem when using the Switch User option in Windows XP Pro SP2. Twice in the last two or three days, when I click on Switch User I got a blank screen with just an hourglass. The hourglass is moving on the screen when I move the mouse, but that's all - I cannot invoke any command whatsoever, and none of the keys is functioning, not even the Ctrl-Alt-Del combination! So, I have to use brute force, i.e. to reset my machine.

This doesn't happen always, however. I think it happened both times when I was downloading something from the Net. I got a broadband cable connection to the Internet, had recently disabled Zone Alarm, and am using AVG Free Edition, which hasn't warned me about any viruses on my system.

I am pretty much puzzled about this problem :confused: and am eagerly expecting anyone's support. Thanks!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/489602

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice