1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Blank Screen After Installing Drivers on Ubuntu

Discussion in 'Linux and Unix' started by ZP-Apps, Jan 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZP-Apps

ZP-Apps Thread Starter

I recently insatalled Ubuntu Studio 10.10 over my previous Ubuntu 9.10 installation on my laptop. After installing Ubuntu Studio 10.10 and found the drivers for my graphics card, NVIDIA GeForce 4 GO, and installed it. After rebooting the BIOS loaded fine but once Ubuntu started booting I got a blank screen on my laptop.
    If somebody could please let me know what I need to change in the xorg.conf file that will change the default monitor back to the built-in laptop monitor.

PS: I have experienced this problem before and was able to fix it after alot of searching.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/977560

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice