1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Blank Screen After Startup

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Wogimlodger, Jan 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Wogimlodger

Wogimlodger Thread Starter

Bit of a problem here. I just got a new Firewire PCI card and attempted to install it. I got it in alright and closed up the case. When I tried to turn on the computer, it would do the memory check, show the bit at the bottom that allowed me to go into the BIOS etc. but before I get the "Starting Windows XP" screen, everything freezes and the screen goes blank. I've already tried taking out the card, but that didn't help. Every time I restart the computer it does the same thing.

2. Rich-M

Rich-M

Go back in and be certain the ram is in right and all pci cards are reseated...then reseat all plugs on drives etc...I would bet you bumped something when you installed the card.

3. CRemedies

CRemedies

Restart your pc and start tapping the F8 key while rebooting to enter into "safe mode." Once in safe mode, simply do a system restore to a date before you installed the card. Click on START, ALL PROGRAMS, ACCESSORIES, SYSTEM TOOLS, SYSTEM RESTORE. That should get you back to where you started at least. You can try to figure out the card issue from there if you wish.

4. Wogimlodger

Wogimlodger Thread Starter

As far as I know, I didn't bump anything. I'll give it a try though. I tried starting it in Safe Mode, but it just goes to a blank screen. Either way, I don't use system restore.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/539454

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice