1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

blank screen and flashing cursur

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by rendyp, Aug 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rendyp

rendyp Thread Starter

my son has a toashiba satellite pro L450D-12x it goes past set up screen then to a blank screen (in black ) with a flashing line in the left corner how can i get it to load properley? before it did this it said media cable fail or something like that and i restored bios back to restore settings and it was also turning itsself off now and again. all help greatly aprecciated x

2. altjx

altjx

Sometimes the boot sequence can become messed up when attaching and detaching devices from the machine. While the computer is booting up (before it gets to that screen), press F12 I believe to load the boot menu. Use the boot menu to select the hard drive and boot from the hard drive directly. Let me know if it's still doing that.

3. rendyp

rendyp Thread Starter

yes its still doing the same thing no matter what way u set the boot sequence. thanks for your help

4. rendyp

rendyp Thread Starter

5. rendyp

rendyp Thread Starter

hi was wondering if anyone can assist me with the above problem please...?

6. vicks

vicks

Have you tried starting in safe mode?
    Vicks

7. rendyp

rendyp Thread Starter

i am unable to get into safe mode can only enter bios thanks for replying

8. Lance1

Lance1

9. rodeognome

rodeognome

when you press ctrl+alt+del

what happens?

10. rendyp

rendyp Thread Starter

to reply to both of you i cant get into the boot manager as you need to press f8 and that does nothing tried many times and ctrl+alt+del just got it back to toshiba set up screen then back to blank screen with flashing cursur, i have ordered a restore and repair disc will this sort it out or am i better off taking it to someone who understands them unlike me? and many thanks for all your help x

11. rodeognome

rodeognome

Google

"Seatools for Dos"

Download it. Its an ISO file and even if your hard drive is not Seagate brand - it will test your hard drive.

12. Lance1

Lance1

Do you have access to a windows 7 computer? if you do, lets create a repair disk. click the start orb and type recdisc.exe Put a disk in the CD\RW and click Create Disk Now boot from that disk on the problem system and select Startup Repair Let see if you can access windows.

13. rendyp

rendyp Thread Starter

thank you both for your help i will have to get back to you after i next get paid as out of disks to download on thank you once again x

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1011984

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice