1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Blank screen appears on playing old PC game but audio works

Discussion in 'Games' started by Sballer17, Apr 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Sballer17

Sballer17 Thread Starter

I'm trying to play an old PC game called 'outlive' on windows 7, when I load the game a blank screen appears but the sound works perfectly. If I come off the game and then go back onto it I can see glimpses of the home screen but the screen is unresponsive so I can't move the cursor. Any help would be much appreciated!

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

Have you tried the compatability settings? Right click on the exe and there in Properties there may be tab for it.

3. Sballer17

Sballer17 Thread Starter

hi, okay I've tried that, changed the compatibility to Windows 7 but the same thing occurs. the sound is working but I'm thinking it has something to do with the display, any help would be great!

4. lunarlander

lunarlander

Try setting it to an older windows version and try again

5. Sballer17

Sballer17 Thread Starter

okay i set it to Windows 98 and it's still the same, but I can see an image, it's not a blank screen, but the screen is unresponsive, That's progress i guess. anything else i can try?

6. lunarlander

lunarlander

Try setting it to Win XP. When did this game came out? If it was made during the XP days, then set it to Win XP. XP was released in 2001 and in use for a long time. But Vista came out in 2006.

7. Sballer17

Sballer17 Thread Starter

it was released in 2001, same year as xp. i've tried that and the same thing happens. again, the main problem is the display, are there any settings i can adjust?

8. lunarlander

lunarlander

Just try all the options on that compatability tab. You won't wreck anything.

9. Sballer17

Sballer17 Thread Starter

okay i'll try it, thanks for your help

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1170466

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice