1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Blank Screen Freeze Up before Splash screen. Safe mode works.

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by EnrageD420, Oct 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EnrageD420

EnrageD420 Thread Starter

Very similar to the following problem but i do not have a raid, and it seems that this PC has a raid and i don't, plus it was never really determined what the actual solution was.

http://forums.techguy.org/windows-nt-2000-xp/596146-solved-windows-cant-boot-black.html

The basics: XP Professional Boot up screen, right before the windows loading screen, or direct after the F8 Menu if you hit "Start Windows Normally..." it will just lock up, no HDD activity, blank screen. now BSOD, nothing.

All 3 safe mods work fine.

Ran chkdsk /r in recovery.
    Ran proper fixboot procedure.

Went into safe mode and checked the event viewer.

The only concerning message i got was: The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
    AmdK8
    Fips
    nod32drv

Formatting really isnt an issue since i can back up anything i need through safe mode. However its just the fact that the Windows gremlin has struck me again and i must defeat it once more.

I highly doubt this is a hardware issue as it is more of a driver/software issue.

Anymore information for me, or from me that you need, i would be extremely happy.

Thanks for your time.

2. Rich-M

Rich-M

3. EnrageD420

EnrageD420 Thread Starter

Thanks. That was my 2nd to last resort (next to formatting) for fixing my pc.

I will try it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/634630

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice