blank screen & more

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

pac

Hey guys.
I need some here. I'm not sure what happened to my presario. I'm just getting into computers and i don't know a whole lot.

Here's my problem. I'm using windows me. the computer woun't boot and the screen remains blank (even with a different monitor)

The power button turns on but will not go off unless i hold the button down for 5 seconds. I've used a bootable disk, and also tried unplugging both the floppy and H-drive but still the computer woun't boot up.

somebody please tell me what's going on.

pac

No i'm not getting any beeps at all. The fan is running but there's no responce what so ever when i boot the computer.

MINE WAS EXACTLY THE SAME TURNED OUT TO BE LOOSE PROCESSOR RE-SEATED PROCESSOR EVERYTHINGNOW HAVE YOU BANGED THE PUTER?

pac

thanks dave.

i don't know what you mean by "banging the computer"

Also tell me if reseating the proccesor is as easy as pulling it out and setting it back in. I do not have an ESD strap and therefore i don't wonna mess with the motherboard though i will get one if i have to.

pac

i just remembered that the heat sink & fan are kind of dusty and i'm thinking the cpu might be over heating.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online