1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

blank screen & more

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by pac, Jan 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. pac

pac Thread Starter

Hey guys.
    I need some here. I'm not sure what happened to my presario. I'm just getting into computers and i don't know a whole lot.

Here's my problem. I'm using windows me. the computer woun't boot and the screen remains blank (even with a different monitor)

The power button turns on but will not go off unless i hold the button down for 5 seconds. I've used a bootable disk, and also tried unplugging both the floppy and H-drive but still the computer woun't boot up.

somebody please tell me what's going on.

2. Davie

Davie

ARE YOU GETTING ANY BEEPS HAD THE SAME PROBLEM!

3. pac

pac Thread Starter

No i'm not getting any beeps at all. The fan is running but there's no responce what so ever when i boot the computer.

4. Davie

Davie

MINE WAS EXACTLY THE SAME TURNED OUT TO BE LOOSE PROCESSOR RE-SEATED PROCESSOR EVERYTHINGNOW HAVE YOU BANGED THE PUTER?

5. pac

pac Thread Starter

thanks dave.

i don't know what you mean by "banging the computer"

Also tell me if reseating the proccesor is as easy as pulling it out and setting it back in. I do not have an ESD strap and therefore i don't wonna mess with the motherboard though i will get one if i have to.

6. pac

pac Thread Starter

i just remembered that the heat sink & fan are kind of dusty and i'm thinking the cpu might be over heating.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/64816

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice