1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

blank screen no bios

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kane603, Jul 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kane603

kane603 Thread Starter

I just bought a toshiba satellite notebook model a135-s2776 about four months ago. I left my computer on all night and when i woke up the screen is blank and now I cannot reset my laptop unless I hold the power button down. But i still get the blank screen. It does not even load to bios. There is no beeping noise whatsoever. The fan spins for couple of seconds then it stops. the hd lights come on for a few second then its gone, but the hd is running when I put my ear next to the keyboard. the dvd drive light stays on but it will not eject. All this happen when I power the laptop on. I check to see if if will work on another monitor and I press func and F5 and still nothing. I took the laptop apart all the way to the mb and reseated almost every hardware ram, fan, heatsink and the dvd drive. put everything back the way it was and still nothing works. I am at work right now but I will get the specs of my laptop when i get home.

2. tecknomage

tecknomage

Frist - your warranty should be good, if I remember Toshiba policies. Go to Toshiba's Tech Support and they may help directly or find a local service place.

Second - You didn't say, but I'll assume your Notebook is plugged into AC. Have you checked the battery? It must be installed and have some charge on it to work even when using AC. Also, batteries have been known to go bad even if new. You may have heard of the big battery recall awhile back, although that dealt with batteries burning up (causing fires in some cases).

3. kane603

kane603 Thread Starter

Yeah it was plugged to the wall with the battery attach to the back of the notebook. I just brought it to a authorized repair shop for toshiba. we'll see wat happens from their.

4. Pixel3

Pixel3

Did they tell you what the problem is? I have the same problem I did what ever you did and I took everything apart put it back screen apart tested another screen put in new rams still wont work ... tried with no hard drive still no noise fan turns for some seconds then stops CD drive is ejecting I took it off and tried booting with no disk drive still the same problem I tried to put the recovery disk still dint work ... I tried everything in the world ... the only thing left is to buy a new processor which I can't because I have no cash to buy the processor and then if it's not the problem what else would I have to buy? Thats why I am asking you if the local repair shop told you what your problem was so I can do the same?

Thanks in advance :)

P.S: I know the post is old by one year but still problem is the same ;)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/595224

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice