1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

blank screen on boot up but safe mode works

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by luke9511, Jan 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. luke9511

luke9511 Thread Starter

ok i was getting help with this another forum but that forum is currently down and the last thing they had my try was to try the last known good configuration if that would boot into windows, well i tryed that and it didnt work, this all started after i used combofix in safemode to remove some virus on my computer and now i cant boot into windows normally so if anyone has any advice please let me know thanks.

2. jrbuergel

jrbuergel

First Name:
    Jim
    While booted into the safe mode try looking for any error or warning messages in the Event Viewer, which is in Administrative Tools in your Control Panel. You click either application or system on the left side in Event Viewer, then I do click view, filter, then click to uncheck the box for information, apply and ok, so then only warnings and errors will show on the right. Then just double on one of those to open to see the details of it. Maybe try to run the system file checker tool in safe mode too, click start, run, type in this; sfc /scannow , and include that space before the / too.

3. luke9511

luke9511 Thread Starter

ok i just checked event viewer and it shows this error a bunch of times [​IMG]

now i dont know if that may have anything to do with my problem but hey you never know, also the sfc /scannow didnt work it just flashed a cmd window and didnt do anything

EDIT:heres the reason why sfc wont work [​IMG]

4. luke9511

luke9511 Thread Starter

well after doing some google searches on the error of the userenv some people were saying that the way they fixed it was uninstall certain program(s), i decided to uninstall zone alarm and restart and windows started right up with no problems of course if its ok i would like to keep this thread open just in case of other problems

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/669035

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice