1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Blank screen on WXP login, then normal boot up

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by allreeds, Jan 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. allreeds

allreeds Thread Starter

When I strart my laptop, the 'normal' Toshiba screen comes up, then the Windows screen, then the WELCOME screen for WXP, it lists the users on the system, and then as I am about to type my password, the screen goes blank for about 3-5 seconds, the WELCOME screen comes back, and I can type in my password and log in.

This seems to have just started to happen recently, can't seem to find a reason for the screen to clear. Is there a file I can check to see the boot up and see if there is a clear screen command after the initial presentation of the WELCOME screen?

I unchecked Fast User Switching, and that didn't seem to make any difference.

I have a Toshiba Laptop 2410, with an external 80GB hard drive, a second CD/ROM/DVD drive, a ZIP 100MB drive and a Hi-Speed USB 2.0 hub. Those items are NOT attached when I boot up, so the computer is running without any external devices until after I log in.

Any ideas??

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/113556