1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Blank screen when using HP recovery disk.

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by smithmdan, Dec 16, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smithmdan

smithmdan Thread Starter

I'm trying to do a full recovery on a HP pavilion 8570C.

Had to use the recovery disk because I could not get rid of a virus.

This model has 2 disk.

After boot with disk one and running the recovery the screen goes completely blank right after the windows 98 log on screen.

Recovery never ask for disk 2.

I can start in safe mode and get to the desktop but still cannot use second recovery disk.

I'm not using the HP monitor, could that be causing the problem somehow?

Or is this one of those HP problems I read about in other post?
    Any suggestions?

2. rkselby98

rkselby98

If you got a win 98 log on screen the compute is not booting to the cd or the recovery disk. I assume it is a cd for the HP. IF so make sure your using the correct cd. I have done many HP restore and all have been with the cd. HP always had 5 or 6 cd's so you have to check to make sure you have the correct one. When you insert the correct one and boot it will boot to the cd and you will get the menu screen about formatting, restore and so forth.

Then just follow the instructions.

3. smithmdan

smithmdan Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply.
    I didn't give enough info.
    The blank screen comes up AFTER the recovery is complete (on reboot).
    Computer will boot to C/D and run recover all the way through but never ask for disk 2.
    I'm 99% sure I have the correct disk for this model (friend bought it new and these are the disk that came with it).
    I can start it in safe mode only,so I though maybe it might have something to do with not using the HP monitor. (I'm using an older monitor that I use to test with.)
    Can anybody help?
    thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/61966

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice