blank screen

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dark_blood

when i turn my pc on..everything runs fine, fans and CPU working fine...but im getting a blank screen...none of the start up screen apears.. ive got a new Graphix card.to see if that waz the problem..but im still gettin nothing coming up...so im wondering could it be the mother board or something else ?

Make sure your card is well seated. It may appear to be alright, but sometimes it can raise up slightly out of the slot when securing it. Also check the monitor cable for bent/broken pins. Not sure what mobo you are using or if this applies, but there are some older ones out there that require a jumper change when switching from onboard video to a card.

dark_blood

im using a K7S5A Motherboard with GFOrse 4 Card.. i forgot to say..the graphix card works fine in my other comp.. and ive swapped monitors. around and workz ok upstairz comp..but don't want to show anything on screen down stairz...
and ive pushed card in till it clicks into place..

If there is no physical damage to the monitor cable, what you might have to do is put the other monitor on, then go to Display Properties and change the monitor settings to Default Monitor, then switch them again and see if that'll work.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online