1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Blank screen

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by JLM4812, Apr 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JLM4812

JLM4812 Thread Starter

I recently tried to run a destructive factory recovery on my desktop HP Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005, which i have done in the past without a problem. For reasons unknown this time the screen was completely blank when it finished. It is as if im looking at a turned off monitor, no signs of any activity what so ever, just a black blank screen. I do not have any type of recovery disc to this computer at this time , though if i get it back up and running that will be the first thing i do. I really dont know what other information I can give about it. The computer is on , the monitor is on but it looks as if it is off. any help pointing me in the right direction would be greatly apprecciated.

2. maceman

maceman

Hi,
    Can you see even the mouse?
    I guess that you already checked the monitor cable. Can you try with an other monitor?
    It is hard to fix if there is nothing to see, at least without the recovery disc :(
    The problem can be the drivers or video card itself..

3. JLM4812

JLM4812 Thread Starter

thanks for the reply. i checked that monitor on other comps and it was working fine. all the cables are tight and everything looks like it should. i dont know whats up , completely blank screen , not even the mouse shows.

4. maceman

maceman

If you have an LCD monitor it can be the back light,
    Try to light it with flashlight or something like that. If you can see something going that is your problem.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!