blank screen

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

thirty298

I just installed more memory for my compaq presario c522us laptop. when i tried to turn the laptop back on I just get a blank screen. it will not reboot. I did not know it but I took out the motherboard before i knew what it was. I reenstalled the motherborad an tried again, nothing. can someone help :confused:

Gr3iz

Mark
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Removing a laptop motherboard is not a trivial thing! Be sure everything has been reassembled correctly. Revert back to our original memory configuration. Remove all peripherals (drives, etc.) and all but 1 stick of memory.

Memory swaps or upgrades on a laptop are typically straightforward. Usually an access panel under the laptop, and sometimes one under the keyboard. If you removed the actual motherboard - you would have had to have taken apart the entire laptop...and as Gr3iz said - it certainly isn't a trivial matter - quite complex.

I would revert back to the original memory config and see if it boots. If so - then most likely you have incompatible memory or bad memory.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online