1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Blank scren once games loaded

Discussion in 'Games' started by karenparmar, Dec 24, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. karenparmar

karenparmar Thread Starter

I have loaded Flight Sim2002, and combat flight sim on my computer (windows98se, athlonXP 1600+) but once the games load, and agreement is accepted, the screen goes blank and the computer 'freezes'. Any ideas? The games worked perfectly on our old computer win98 pent3. The computer meets all the requirements, ie plenty of RAM etc, but we do not have an accelerator card on here yet. Could this be the problem?

Suggestions appreciated, or my husband will be miserable for the rest of the year!:D

2. Bryan

Bryan

First Name:
    Bryan
    I'd suggest installing the most recent version of DirectX and then try running the game. It's version 8.1 and you can get it <a href=http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/release.asp?ReleaseID=33790> here</a>.

If the game still doesn't work, run the DirectX diagnostics tools and see if it reports any problems.

Start>Run, key in Dxdiag and press enter.

If Dxdiag shows no problems then do you have a software program called GuardDog installed on the PC?

And what video card do you have installed in the PC?

Click on Start>Settings>CP>System>DeviceManager. Click on the "+" next to "Display Adapters". The video card name will appear underneath.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/62761

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice