1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Blank windows?? not installing??

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Elodie0311, Feb 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Elodie0311

Elodie0311 Thread Starter

having some problems! when i bring up some windows no words show up. for example when i go in to photo impression it takes awhile then a window pops up that has outlines of buttons (3 to be exact) and stuff but there are no words what so ever. so i click on on the first and second botton from the left and it just closes but if i hit the button on the right a message pops up saying
    "The instructionat "0x00b9859e" referanced memory at "0xo84e2e54." The momory could not be 'read'.
    Click OK to terminate the program."

Then I went into my virus scanner (AVG) and it came up but i went to scan it and there were no words again.

So i went to install a new virus scanner and when I put the cd in the drive it wouldn't automatically start (which it usually does). So I went into my computer...add remove programs...add new program...add program from cd rom...next. Then at the top of the window it says
    "Windows was unable to find the installation program. Click Back to try again. Click Browse to find the installation program manually."
    Don't know what I'm looking for so I can't do that.

Anyway those are all the problems I've run into so far. If anyone could help that would be awesome! Oh my system is windows XP.

2. Elodie0311

3. rodeognome

rodeognome

can you give us some more background on the problem

4. Elodie0311

well thats all i really know thats why i'm asking about it

5. Carey934

Carey934

Sounds like you set your text color to be the same as your background color.

Restore windows default color scheme.

6. Elodie0311

i already checked it and it's normal

7. Elodie0311

and that wouldn't explain the error and the installation problem

8. Carey934

Carey934

9. Elodie0311

no what would that do?

10. Carey934

Carey934

It creates a bootable CD or floppy disk that you can boot to and check your RAM. The symptoms you describe may be caused by bad RAM.

It runs 10 different tests to create one 'pass' and you should let it run through several passes to allow the memory to heat up. Unless you start seeing errors. In which case you can stop the test immediatly, turn off the PC and unplug a RAM module and repeat the process until the test comes out clean.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/543853

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice