1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Bleep....bleep....bleep!!!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Whoops, Jan 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Whoops

Whoops Thread Starter

Hi Guys!... well that just about sums up the problem!... PC was workin` fine last time i used it.... turned it on tonight and it just beeps!?!.. the fans are whirring... the CD draw opens... but wont spin if a disk is inserted... and thats it!... monitor does not kick in at all!...

...so this i what ive done so far... reseated the heatsink with fresh gunk!... dedust with can of air... took out and replaced hard drives, grahics card and RAM giving all cables a good wiggle etc!... any help or ideas would be nice!...Thanks!

2. Whoops

Whoops Thread Starter

...i just put in the old graphics card and the old RAM... still just beeps!... so safe to say not a Graphics or RAM problem maybe!?!.... any help gratefuly received!

3. 1002richards

1002richards Retired Trusted Advisor

4. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

The post above is onto it.

The "beeps" are the code to what is wrong, we need to know the -exact- description of the beeps, i.e. long and short, how many etc.

5. Whoops

Whoops Thread Starter

thanks Kiwi` and Richard!..... the beep is 1 second long... then a gap of 5 seconds.... it will do that for as long as your prepared to sit there!?!...

...if it also helps my board is a MSI K8N Neo4-F... chip is AMD 64 2x 4400+... both these were replaced under warranty about 9 months ago ( now lapsed ) because of a different problem..

... i looked at the site Richard posted but could not see a code similar to mine.. but not sure which group applies to mine.... my pc is a Aries Carrera..

.... thanks again for your support!.... ;-)

6. pietervanooijen

pietervanooijen

The beeps means most likly
    1 error in memory
    2. error in video card

regards pieter

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/538120

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice