1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Blender 3D rendering question?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by tonyacardo, Feb 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tonyacardo

tonyacardo Thread Starter

I have been tinkering around with Blender, an open source 3d modeling/animation/etc program.

I followed a tutorial on YouTube and created animation and now I am rendering it.

It only gives me the option to use CPU or GPU to compute or render the image and animation.

Does it use only 1 cpu because I have 8. I also have a GPU. (I will put specs below)

The real question is: Is there some way to speed up the rendering process?

(can I assign a priority through task manager, or can I tell it to use more CPUs, or something)

Thanks

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
    Processor: AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor, AMD64 Family 21 Model 2 Stepping 0
    Processor Count: 8
    RAM: 16330 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB, -1 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 487526 MB, Free - 2341 MB; D: Total - 1430346 MB, Free - 1018413 MB; F: Total - 1907726 MB, Free - 950081 MB; G: Total - 7630755 MB, Free - 3911628 MB; P: Total - 3815412 MB, Free - 165786 MB;
    Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., M5A97
    Antivirus: Avast Antivirus, Updated and Enabled

Another question:
    My computer sometimes seems to get bogged down while using Blender, like my CPUs are all maxed out. The other thing it does is the cursor will occasionally take off and go in its own direction, pushing ESC key will stop it, but it is weird. It only does this while operating Blender. I downloaded Blender from the official site. I don't have any "cracked" software on my box.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1222926

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice