1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Blinking green lights and no start-up

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by 8nout, Nov 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 8nout

8nout Thread Starter

At start-up I get fans (case, video card, cpu), all power supply stuff, but monitor screen does not light up, PC does not attempt to load. I get green flashing LEDs on the monitor, PC (by the start switch) and on the cd/rw. Occasionaly the red activity LED will blink for just a second. The USB hub gets a power light but does not "flash" the ports. There are no sounds at all, beeps, clicks, etc. Computer was working fine, I returned fron dinner to blank screen. I thought it had gone into hibernation or something so I moved the mouse and tapped the keyboard but to no avail. Turned it off, restarted several times with above results and now I'm back to the table of knowledge hoping you folks can save me again.

Athlon 64 3000+
    Gigabyte K8Ns mobo
    512 MB PC3200
    XP pro
    GeForce Ti4200 128mb

2. 8nout

8nout Thread Starter

Reason for problem... solved... with a previous posting on the forum by Winbob. Hard drive shot. Winbob said disconnect EIDE cable and try to boot from floppy. I did and PC did so there you are. Great forum!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/298856

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice