1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Blinking Monitor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by frangeb, Oct 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. frangeb

frangeb Thread Starter

I have a Princeton LCD monitor, model VL1918, that's about 3 1/2 years old. It has started blinking at me even when it's not connected to the computer. In such condition there's a window that appears saying " NO SIGNAL". which flashes for a count of two, then disappears for a count of nine, then on again for two and off for nine.

Is this curable and at what cost?

Thanks for your thoughts.

2. zyper95

zyper95

Try to power cycle your monitor, that could help. If the issue still persist, then it is possible that there is a hardware failing on your LCD screen. I had the same issue with myh Samsung 931BW LCD, tried every possible way to troubleshoot according to the manufacturers instruction. I even tested my computer and my video card using another monitor and all of it works fine but not on my LCD. So I decided to have it check by their authorize service center and they told me that the power chip of my LCD is screen is busted. Good thing it is still under warranty when I had it fix.

3. frangeb

frangeb Thread Starter

Thanks for your reply zypr95:

If by power cycling you mean turning it on and off, I've done that and it doesn't seem to make much difference. What do you expect it would cost yo put in a new power chip? Pretty expensive I would think.

4. zyper95

zyper95

Power cycle means unplugging the LCD from the power outlet and holding down the power button for 10 seconds. As for the cost of repairing the power chip, here in the Philippines it cost around 2000Php about $30-$40.

5. frangeb

frangeb Thread Starter

Thanks for your thought re: power cycling zyper95. I'll try it. As for repairing the power chip I expect it will cost a bit more here in Southern California.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/954944

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice