Block access to delete files??

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

BradN10

what programs are there so certain people are blocked from deleting files. like you need a password and such. thanks.

There are programs that allow you to password protect files and folders. I think tucows.com has some. If you are talking about a text document, then Word has this feature built in :D

The microsoft office built-in password protection does not stop a user with the proper permissions from deleting the file just stops them from opening it.

Are you using a NT based operating system? If you are then you can set permissions on files and folders that will allow/disallow users from accessing. If this is what you are interested in let me know and I will instruct you on how to set up.

BradN10

i have windows 98, and im not sure cuz we dont have seperate users for it.

I'm sorry...

To the best of my knowledge there are no file permission settings for Win98.

Have you ever heard of RedHat? It's free and secure....

BradN10

no i havent, but could you help me out to get it. it should be worth a try

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online