block HTML in Outlook Express?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Cake4All

My friend is on no-speed, dial up (only service available in her area and she has only so-many minutes a month)
windows 98SE - very casual user (just email and a bit of browsing)

She has people sending her HMTL messages and those annoying IncrediMail smiley messages.
Not only are they annoying, but a pain to download.

She is using Outlook Express.
Is there a way to receive only plain text messages in this program?

She is a very casual user and quite a distance away from me, so it is hard for me to get to her to change apps, etc. She doesn't do that as her knowledge is limited. If at all possible she would like to stay on Outlook Express.

Any hope of trimming this down to plain text?
thank you

I think I found the answer, if so, sorry for being so quick on asking. I went to OE Tool/Options/Read and checked the Box "read all messages in plain text". I hope that is the answer, but am wondering does it prevent the HTML from being downloaded & hogging up her bandwidth? and is this the correct way to go?

Squashman

Trusted Advisor
Whick version of Outlook Express is she using? Version 6 has the ability to turn this on and off. I believe version 5.X requires a registry hack.

Cake4All

Thank you Moby & LwdS

She is using 6

She has made the change and everything is great now.
thanks for confirming

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online