1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Blocked downloaded files

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by hershmab, Oct 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hershmab

hershmab Thread Starter

I run Firefox 3.0.3 under Windows XP SP2 Home.
    I have downloaded, a new batch of .jpg files from a trustworthy site that I have been using without any problem for a couple of years. With the latest batch of files I find that whenever I try to open any one with PaintShop Pro, I get an Open File - Security Warning asking me if I really want to open it from an unknown publisher.

If I check the file's properties, I find it is blocked. I can unblock each file individually, either by changing the property or by checking an option on the Security Warning.

I can see no reason for this happening suddenly. I have found various possible solutions proposed (but for slightly different environments or file-types), but they do not work for me. Is there any really proven solution for either preventing the blocking in the first place or removing the block en bloc?

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

Check the security settings under the Advanced tab of Internet Options.

3. hershmab

hershmab Thread Starter

I added the site to the Trusted Zone and that has worked, thanks.

How about unblocking a group of files or a folder? Is that not possible in XP Home SP2?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!