1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Blocked Email addresses in Yahoo Mail

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by smithmdan, Feb 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. smithmdan

smithmdan Thread Starter

Have been getting a lot of vulgar emails in the Spam folder of yahoo mail lately.

I know not to open any attachments or links in these emails and I always just delete them without opening.

What I would like to do is open the email and copy and paste the senders email address into the Blocked Emails Address List in the Yahoo mail options.

Is this a safe way to get rid of this trash ?? Any other suggestions ??

2. kanaitpro

kanaitpro Account Closed

it should be safe to open them and do this. it used to be true that all you had to do was open an email to get infected, but i have heard this is not the case anymore. i would be extremely careful though. if possible, use vmware to open them and do this. if you get infected, you can delete the vm. or you can start up in safe mode with networking. without a registry change, you can't install things in safe mode. this may not protect you from all types of malware, so unless you are really bothered by these emails i would just leave them going into the spam folder.

3. smithmdan

smithmdan Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply.

Good idea about the virtual Machine but did not want to go to that much trouble.

Just trying to find some way to rid myself of this junk. Most everybody has this problem though.

I did find out from trial and error that I can move the mouse point over the sender info without opening the email and get the email address of the sender. Next step is to write it down and then add to the Blocked Addresses List. Only I think that the same TYPE spam is coming from multiple addresses. Oh well I can add 500 to the list and I'm only at about 25 now.

They DO bother me, especially when I get one saying "Welcome to _uck Book." And I DON'T go to adult sites........know better !!

4. kanaitpro

kanaitpro Account Closed

my advice is to have a junk email address for just this reason. i have 2 yahoo that i use for signing up for different things. i just clear it out when i use it and wait for the link to confirm the account. that way when they sell your info, you're not bothered by this crap. i had to change my main email from a dropzone account to gmail due to a mistake on a forum. i signed up for a thread i was watching at an anarchist site. i have 80-100 every time i open it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1089722

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice