Blocked email

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dmcclure

I'm not sure if this is the right forum.

Yesterday two friends mentioned that Outlook Express is blocking some, or all of their email. At least one is using Norton antivirus and I suspect the other is too. I can't find anything in either Norton or OE that addresses this. Can anyone help?

Don

Do you mean attachments?

Tools - options - Security - Uncheck the Do not allow attachments ..........

If you mean the program itsself might be blocking mails, open Outlook Express. Then go to tools -> message rules -> blocked senders list and see if anything is blocked there.

As far as Norton blocking e-mails. I don't believe it can do this. However, Norton does have to power to block an IP address and if the IP is the same as your mail server then you wouldn't be able to recieve any mail. So if you are getting at least some mail and you have only one mail server then you can be sure Norton isn't blocking it.

Other than that Norton only has the power to scan e-mails for virii. If it finds any it will give you a pop-up message.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online