1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Blocking a Sender in Windows Live Mail

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by catsus2, Dec 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. catsus2

catsus2 Thread Starter

I have attempted to block a sender in Windows Live mail (Windows 7) by going to Junk Mail and adding sender's domain to the list. This is not working. I am still receiving emails from this sender. I have 2 computers in my home and have my email set up to leave a copy of an email on the server so each computer user will be able to read an email before it is deleted. Does this have an influence on why I cannot add a sender to the blocked list? If so, is there a way around this to block a sender on just one of the computers?

2. bicycle bill

bicycle bill Banned

3. catsus2

catsus2 Thread Starter

Yes, this is the procedure I used and cannot seem to block any sender. I am using Windows Live Mail 2011.

4. bicycle bill

bicycle bill Banned

Hey Catchup -sorry couldn't resist. I found a solution that worked for another poor soul with the same problem and this manuever fixed the problem.

It's a bug in WLM 2011 that you have to do a "repair" to fix this problem. Use "Control Panel>>Programs and Features" to do a repair of "Windows Live Essentials".

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/968836