1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

blocking emails

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by kokaik, Feb 25, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kokaik

kokaik Thread Starter

I have hotmail account for close to 3 years now, the problem that's I'm facing now is that blocking unwated email. It wasn't a problem initially coz hotmail allows us to block it. However, I cannot do that any more coz the blocking lists are full. max allowed is 200.

Is there any advise? I hate receiving mails like promotional stuffs, university diploma for cheap, XXX, lucky winner etc.

My friend told me the best alternative is to create a new account. I hope this is not true...

2. rhettman5

rhettman5

Use Hotmails bulk mail option, that should limit your pain ! that list is purged 15 days from message sent, so they drop off accordingly. as for your problem with junk mail, I reccomend getting a e-mail from a server who offers such free I/E yahoo or excite and using that for contact or update info, thus keeping your main account spam free ( mostly)god luck ! ...Rhett

3. kokaik

kokaik Thread Starter

Thank you for the info, I just do not know why or how on earth can all these junk got my email address.

4. skyman

skyman

Look around and you will find many free email accounts availabe to you. Use one as your primary and when you log to a site that you MIGHT want to download, so it with your secondary email account.

This will keep the SPAM in the site you only use for downloads.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/31560

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice