Blocking HTTP on Router

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Caiterz

Hi! I'm looking to use access restriction on my router, but to disable only Websites - HTTP (port 80)

...thus allowing my magicjack to still function for phone calls. I know theoretically how it should work, but im just not getting something right. Any ideas?

ive got it set to block HTTP every day all day (Just to test with) and it doesnt block anything.

If i set it to block EVERYTHING, it blocks fine.

Thanks!

I use Linksys.

Caiterz

M10. It looks just like any other linksys access restriction page.

Anyway, our modem only has 1 ethernet spot, so i have to go through the router.

plodr

Liz
IP Phone!!
In place of a magic jack?
Not sure who you directed you comment to so I'm not sure if it is to answer my question or to give the OP a different solution.

Caiterz

Sorry I think i forgot to mention I only want to disable HTTP For 45mins a day and all day tuesday. ( i know how to do the date part though)

I have a hubby that has no self control on the internet, so we agreed on just shutting the 'net off for 45 mins a day and all day tuesdays so we can... y'know... get the dishes done at least.

Anyway, I just grabbed his mac address and denied everything from his pc only (he wont know the difference).... seeing as how I have plenty of self control. :|

Anyway, I would still appreciate any info on how to block only HTTPS.

I had assumed that I could just select it... but it's grayed out o.0 So... not sure what i was doing wrong (and hence why i dont want the MJ into the modem!)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts