Blocking network identification

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Afterdark

Is there any mechanism, be it firewall or whatever, that will make a particular PC invisible from a specific IP address, without preventing normal network traffic? By invisible, I mean does not show up in My Network Places.

yah if you put it on another subnet :) or actually just make sure you don't have file print sharing on it and make sure not loggin on to the network

Afterdark

Thanks play1998. I see where you're coming from!

Putting it on a different subnet would work, but I am using VPN to join two remote subnets, so that's out. (Actually, it might not be, but I shall have to think about it). Having no sharing is too restrictive and anyway, it doesn't stop it appearing in My Network Places.

out it on a different work group :) name it in another workgroup and it will not show up there on network neighborhood unless you click on entire network :) lol that is another way around it. but you can make it not to log on to the network are you using a domain to log on ?? or no ??

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online