1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Blocking Spam Garbage with IE5.50... Would this work

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Gary R, Oct 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Gary R

Gary R Thread Starter

I notice in the properties that there are always "Damon"'s listed, If, by putting the "Damon" in IE5.5's "Blocked Senders" list, would this halt Spam, or is it just wishful thinking on my part :)
    IF such a ploy would work, which "Damon" should be Blocked? I've received Spam with 4 or 5 "Damons" listed.

I was looking at the Freeware version of "MailWasher" but thought considering that it does more, I would stretch my budget a bit & get the pay version.
    Unfortunately, I discovered the company is overseas, and I don't have PayPal, or Credit Cards; so would the Freeware be effective, or do I need the extras the pay version has to do the anti-spam effectively :confused:

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Damon? Are you sure

Daemon perhaps ... and you will also block a lot of valid e-mails if it worked. You are referring to a server type, not someones name.

Mailwasher would certainly be the better choice. Try the freeware version first, it may have sufficient capabilities.

The author of Mailwasher lives local here (New Zealand)

3. Gary R

Gary R Thread Starter

Was just curious if such a plan with Daemons would be feasible. Since about 10PM Friday nite (my time) up to time this is posted, have received 25 Spam's -- mostly wanting me to order various drugs thru the Net, or refinance my car; what car? I don't even drive :) -- too bad they don't have a easier way to pay for the program, but imagine sending $$ to NZ woulld involve bank fee's of some sort, or would a Money Order (American Express, Western Union?) work, I wonder...

4. hewee

hewee

Gary see this here on "The Spammeister Guide to Spam"
    http://mywebpages.comcast.net/spammeister/

Read how to setup the filter and how to make a white list.

The mailwasher works great and the freeone will be all you need.
    But if you have more the one email accout and or want to use it with web base email like hotmail you need the paid version or a older version.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/171523

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice