blu ray playback

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bigchalupa

I recently got a notebook with a blu ray drive but I'm having trouble playing blu rays. I start PowerDVD 8 and click play but it doesn't play. The loading bar shows but then it fust goes to black. Then if I try to close PowerDVD it locks up & has to be killed in taskmanager.

Its a Gateway NV5391u
AMD Athlon II Dual-Core M300 2 MHz, 4 GB RAM
AMD M880G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200
Windows 7 x64

Please help, thanks

tomdkat

Retired Trusted Advisor
PowerDVD 8 appears to be old. Could you try upgrading to PowerDVD 10?

Peace...

DoubleHelix

Banned
PowerDVD version 8 came installed on a brand new laptop with a Blu-ray drive? Seems unlikely since it's an old version. PowerDVD's website lists problems with playback of Blu-ray disks on that version as a known issue.

If you just bought this computer, and it came with old software, take it back.

i bought this new pc in Nov & it came preinstalled with powerdvd7 & hp refused to upgrade it after it wouldn't work/play standard or blu ray dvds. i opted to change my blu ray drive & purchased windvd pro 10 & now everything's fine. check cyberlink's update section for your blu ray model #, it may have an update there that will help your prob. other thing to do is check with your pc manufacturer. it's their responsibility altho it got me nowhere with hp! :D

I bought the same computer (laptop) from HSN.com. You need to update the Cyberlink DVD software. It works. If yours do not work then you have a defected computer and should return it. Just my 2 cents :).

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online