1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Blue and Yellow Shield blocking Google chrome icon??

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by fuzzy07, Apr 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fuzzy07

fuzzy07 Thread Starter

I have recently had some trouble in that the Google Chrome icon on my desktop has had this picture of a blue and yellow shield over it, which is preventing it from running. I say running -- I am able to open the application, but I just get 'loading' with the standard circle going round and round and round in the top left hand corner... Then, after a minute or so, I get the Page(s) Unresponsive message, telling me to kill the chrome application. I spoke to a Microsoft representative who told me to follow some steps to disable user account control settings, however this had no effect. I read on a forum that this could be a malware problem, so I downloaded the free trial of Malwarebytes, only to find that; when this appeared on my desktop, it too had the same blue and yellow shield I mentioned above! These are the only two applications I can see with the shield preventing them from opening.

I'm running on Windows 7.

Any help as to how I can rid of this problem would be most appreciated.

Thanks!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1146242

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice