1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Blue file names

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Jimmy A, Apr 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Jimmy A

Jimmy A Thread Starter

Under "My Pictures" in Windows XP: Why do some of the file names under pictures appear in blue while most of them are in black?

2. rude

rude

Have you,by any chance,compressed or encrypted these files? NTFS filing system has an option to display compressed or encrypted file names in a different color.

You can stop this by going to Start/Control Panel/ Folder Options.
    On the View tab, select the Show encrypted or compressed NTFS files in color check box and uncheck it.

3. Jimmy A

Jimmy A Thread Starter

To rude, THANK YOU Sir. This is a great site. At age 58 we bought our first PC about 16 months ago. It was a struggle at times, but I have learned a lot and it's more fun now thanks to helpful people like you. Thanks again.

4. rude

rude

I have to tell you that my best friend (when I first started working with Windows) was,and still is, Help & Support (Start/Help & Support)
    What is cool is that,whenever you have a question,you can look it up.

My second best friend was (and has now become my new best friend), GOOGLE, you can find it here,and make sure to bookmark it:
    http://www.google.ca/ The best Internet search site there is!

I'm pretty sure if you can't find it with GOOGLE,it doesn't exist...yet.

5. Jimmy A

Jimmy A Thread Starter

Looked in Help & Support. Typed "blue file names" in search box & didn't find anything. May not have looked in the right place, other than "searching." Must get conversant with Google. Always hear & read good things about it. Sorry about my late reply here. I'm a trucker, on the road M thru F. Home to PC on weekends. Thanks again.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/221711

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice